Moxee Elementary has been an integral part of educating children and helping families for many years. Mr. Mortimer Thorp started the first school in the Moxee Valley in his home on Thorp Rd. in 1862. The school year lasted three months and Mr. Thorp paid all expenses.
In 1910 the different schools in the East Valley area were consolidated and the district became school district #90. The first official school building in the Moxee area was a two-room building located on the west side of the newly built Moxee Elementary. In 1936 a new high school was built for a grand total of $47,000 and that building is currently the old Moxee Elementary. The old Moxee Elementary has been a high school, middle school, K-5 elementary school, and a K-3 elementary school.
Moxee has truly stood the test of time and has been an important historical focal point of this community for over 100 years. In 2007 we added to the history of a school that will educate the future generations of students here in the East Valley area, when we opened our new school. It is our goal that our school remains the focal point, gathering place, and a driving force in support of the youth and their families in our community.
Moxee includes grades Kindergarten-5th grade. We are committed to providing quality education for each student in our school. Please feel free to contact us with any comments, questions or suggestions.